Sunday 20 February 2011

The old ones are the best.

I love reading a good magazine just as much as I love reading a good book, and just as love to re-read a good book I love to re-read a good mag. And when re-reading a very old copy of Tatler the other day I came across this lovely Q&A interview with the beautiful Jane Birkin, I'm pretty sure I had read it before but once again it made me smile. Here's a few of the things she had to say...

You inspired the Hermes Birkin Bag - how many do you have ?
I have one, and it contains my life.


What makes you feel beautiful ?
Being loved.



Beauty-wise, what are your three pick-me-ups ?
A compliment. A dip in the sea. A kiss.



Do you sing in the shower ?
I hate showers, I take baths and I like to make the water very hot until I go dizzy - it gives me such a thrill.

How do you stay so thin ?
Its in my genes - my parents were skeletons. 



What's the secret to a good fringe ?
Cut it yourself in one go with kitchen scissors. Hold in a knot in front of the eyebrows. 



What do you talk to your hairdresser about ?
Men.



Best beauty tip ?
Yul Brynner's wife gave me earplugs 30 years ago. Now I always travel with earplugs, a pillow and a linen pillowcase. Life is too short not to sleep, so at night I take two calming pills, two sleeping pill's and I'm out.


Source - Q&A's Tatler

No comments:

Post a Comment